Respect BRZ
Old Mechanic

Drives: 2013 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
P0016 on a 60k mile car

Well I’m in the same boat as y’all.

Hello All, I know this problem I am having shouldn’t be due to the OTS tune I have (E85 STG2, or 93 Stg2). But if any of y’all could take a look at the log files I have and point me in the right direction. I will be eternally grateful to the master tech that you are… I keep getting code P0016 every time I run the car, Anyone want to help?

This just started happening the day after I ran the car very hard to get the new header wrap really hot to burn off the smell (like nothing below 3k for 20 min of driving.) I am running a 1320 UEL catless with 1320 OP and invidia strait front pipe on a copycat Q300 catback. FA-20 club CAI, LWFW and LW Pully set. OFT.

I too have more than 60k miles and was a bit long on my oil when the code started coming on.

I have come to the realization that the sensors are reading correctly I only have the OFT to log so I’ve been logging VVT intake and exhaust. Noticing the intake is all over the place, and exhaust barely moves and when it does it is intermittent too. Thinking the ocv is working but the variable sprocket is to blame.

Thing is is the code P0016 intake or exhaust on bank 1. I’ve seen both in different posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Respect BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote