View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
Clash0901
2 ugga dugga's
 
Clash0901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Drives: Nike
Location: Detroit
Posts: 237
Thanks: 59
Thanked 189 Times in 106 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BMW ZF Getrag transmission into a BRZ mated to 2jz, ANYONE?

hello!

I was told by some supra guys that the BMW ZF 5/6 speed transmission is capable of holding 800ft lbs of torque. This transmission costs around $200-400 at any local junkyard by me so it's hard to ignore.

My question is, has anybody used this with the BRZ?

Also, I read somewhere that the stock BRZ trans is 34.5" from bell housing to center of the shifter, does anyone know if this is accurate?

The ZF trans is tiny and it's 30.75" from bellhousing to shifter center. This means some heavy modification of the shifter assembly will need to be done to "fit in the hole". Supra guys have no issues with fitting the ZF trans in the hole so it makes me wonder, does anybody know what distance the v160 trans is bell housing to center of shifter? This information will help me determine a lot of things going forward.

I am trying to avoid using the CD009 transmission mainly because I really want a 5 speed Getrag in this car. BUT, if this proves to be too complicated to complete in the BRZ then i'll likely switch to the CD009.

If I end up being the first one to do this i'll definitely make a thorough post of how it's done. However, it would be nice if I wasn't the first one though :P

Last edited by Clash0901; 12-21-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Clash0901 is offline   Reply With Quote