View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #4
rusty959

Drives: DGM BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
I had P0018, which is the same code but on the other bank.

Switched OCV's; didn't fix the problem. Changed oil; didn't fix the problem.

The damage was to the cam sprocket assembly, which gave bad readings to the ECU and that eventually necessitated the ECU swap as well once it was discovered that my learning values were off.
I will try to dig through that post. Hopefully you didn't already answer this, but did you have a tune on your car? I'm hoping that my ecutek flashing will prevent the needed ecu swap. If I get to the point that I've replaced the sprocket and exhausted all other options, I'll probably just disable the code before I swap ECUs. Especially since I don't want to lose the license.

As you said Ultramaroon, I think I'm going to hold off on the timing cover. I realized that I was spending so much time researching possibilities that I could easily disassemble back to the point I'm at in the future. Would be easier right now without the radiator but not a big deal. I'm also trying to look through old logs to see if I can find anything useful. Unfortunately it seems like the useful parameters weren't enabled by default and I only have a single idle/revving log with more stuff enabled.