Old 11-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #12
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsey47 View Post
Will durability be an issue when you mount tires? Seems like the finish would get immediately blemished causing things to start peeling later... I'm a paint idiot though, so with all the prep that was done it may be ok!?

That being said, looks durn good!
Thanks man! I’m hoping that because I went with a clear enamel, it should be strong enough to resist some abuse but may require a cash tip in advance when getting tires mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsol66 View Post
What specific brand and color did you use? It looks like the Rustoleum vintage bronze, but i'm surprised how close to Volk bronze it looks honestly.
Rustoleum antique brass. The vintage bronze is a bit too dark for me and honestly my phone doesn’t do an amazing job of capturing the color well or even consistently. I’ve never seen bronze CE28’s in person but I’ve seen bronze RE30’s and I’d say mine are a bit lighter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
Nice work! I sandblasted and painted some 04 Impreza wheels with a rattle can and they turned out half decent. Not as perfect as powder coating, but for <$100, I cant complain.

Those look fantastic! What was the brand/color you went with? I might need to do that for my silver 07 Impreza next summer.

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:
Kimsey47 (11-15-2017)