Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #12
J Greg BRZ

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Nothing is "confirmed" about the future of the 86. There is no official statement anyplace that says there will be a next gen or any other substantial changes in 2020 or any other year. Anything being said is speculation at best and outright fabrication at worst.
If they were worried about selling more they already would have done a higher HP option not wait for 7 years into the car's life cycle. Odds are it would be built on the new Impreza platform and be nothing more than a two door WRX (I can speculate with the best of them). An increase in sales numbers of 2020 MY cars would do nothing to increase the support of the first gen anyway. In fact if they did release a higher HP version that maintained all the current aspects that make it popular (unlikely) then the first gen would just get tossed aside and forgotten by most of the "enthusiasts".
I said I "believed" it was confirmed, and was very hypothetical in my post. I've read several posts on this forum (and elsewhere) about an update for 2020, so I wasn't aware it was just speculation.

I also don't think it would be a whole new chassis. This one is phenomenal. Why fix what isn't broken? I was just saying I could definitely see them throwing this new 2.4L engine in our cars, IF it even exists. And IF they update the platform.

We're just talking cars, man. Don't see what's so harmful about speculating the future of the 86, even if it's not "official".
J Greg BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J Greg BRZ For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-14-2017)