Old 11-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #125
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
195 is also pretty close to the 200 that it is rated at.
Can't just take all the low numbers and do the math and leave all the high ones out. There are also plenty of stock dynos in the 170 to 178 range.
Dynos are notoriously inaccurate in the first place and then everybody likes to play with the numbers that make their theory work so the low ones get put out more often.

Everybody can dispute the numbers all they want but the fact remains that they are the official results from following the required standards. Just because some don't believe them does not make them false or "cheating".
I have never seen a stock Zenki 86 dyno showing 178hp or anywhere near there. Personally, from everything I have seen this car on average puts down closer to 190hp at the wheels than it does 200. Of course that's assuming a 15% drivetrain loss, and that's only what I've seen personally which doesn't mean much.

Just because there are official standards doesn't mean that's how the engines perform in real world driving. There are some cars that are notoriously overrated just like there are cars that are underrated. For example, the 2004 SRT-4 was rated at 230hp at the crank by Dodge. In the real world, data consistently showed that the true crank HP was actually 255-265hp. I get that dynos are highly variable, but after years of data are obtained isn't it possible to make certain claims even if it conflicts with what the manufacture originally stated?

Last edited by funwheeldrive; 11-06-2017 at 12:09 PM.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (11-06-2017)