View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
exE36M3

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Appreciate the help guys.

I've got high school auto-shop,engine swaps under my belt, and a Craftsman 5 foot high tool chest in the garage so I *might* be able to turn a wrench . TBH though, my biggest foe isn't lack of tools or talent... it's time. Full-time job and 2 kids and weekends either not doing work or doing some sort of fix-the house/yard.

I'd rather not crawl under the car to hunt down oil leaks but it's looking like I am short on choices given the dealer isn't providing much in the line of warranty service. But given the run-around when it comes to fixing this oil leak, it's like you have to go in with concrete proof "HEY my car is leaking, here's photos and oil soaked paper towels."

So, I was fishing for experiences as the last oil leak spot is looking like the oil pan. Given it sits within 3/4" of the cat, that thing get's cooked, so the gasket or sealant can't last too long. And thus, seeing if anyone else has run into a leaky gasket issue.

Not to whine but... there are days where I miss the BMW E36 community and network of shops. Break something and there's 20 years of info to help you fix it.
exE36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to exE36M3 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-02-2017)