View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 06:51 PM   #1387
hpde_addict

Drives: '18 Camaro V6 1LE
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I did Evo School phase 1 last weekend, I really think you should have a few local autox events under your belt, imho you should understand how to drive a course without getting a DNF at a bare minimum, you don't need a top notch instructor to start pushing your car at local events but I think paying the extra money for the EVO School instruction when you're still learning the absolute basics is a waste.

I'm sure if I had done it within my first year of autox-ing it would have been a huge leg up and I'd be much better now for it. But I wouldn't want to do it without 2-3 events under my belt.

20 runs on the same course with two excellent autoxers setting times in your car and riding along critiquing you can be totally worth it. You can get that experience yourself for sure, but to have a few months or even years worth of experimentation concentrated into one day is certainly a value added proposition.
Agree to disagree. I think the only better way to start is Starting Line or equivalent. There were a few complete novices on Saturday.
hpde_addict is offline   Reply With Quote