View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #12
Pat
Senior Member
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2023 BRZ
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,823
Thanks: 1,498
Thanked 1,271 Times in 687 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
I'm on board with just about everything strat61caster said. I'm really getting frustrated trying to come up with a good solution to my needs. Expect a call from me soon.

1. Monotube or Twintube? If it works, I don't care much. That said, it seems to me monos tend to work better than twins, ceteris paribus.

2. Camber plates? Absolutely necessary for this platform for any kind of performance driving. The more options the better.

3. Damper adjustment? Ideally it would be single adjustable, but adjustment is not a requirement.

4. Upgradeablity? Not a big deal to me.

5. Ride height adjustability? It's nice to have, but not mandatory. More important than upgradeability, though.

6. Materials/construction? Important. Quality materials matter. I expect long life with no headaches.

7. Warranty? As long as the warranty actually means something, that counts for a lot with me.

8. Any other features that are very important to you? For this platform I want something that offers good rear travel. Maybe that requires rear tophats, though, which would be sold separately from the coilovers.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote