View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #11
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmar93 View Post
SeidoWorks tail looks amazing! I emailed the company a few days ago and unfortunately they aren't producing those anymore due to some legal dispute.
That sucks, I noticed something happened with them that made them fall off the map. didn't know it was a legal dispute. I would love to buy their whale tale mold and make carbon fiber versions.

as a back up check out lux motion I believe their instagram is Lux_motion. They offer a trunk lip think which may or may not fit what youre looking for but outside of them and seidoworks you probably won't find anything that covers the forward most holes on the 2017 trunk.

In a perfect world I would love to see drambeenie or someone else make small risers that are about the height of the stock 2017 wing stands or as tall as drambeenies stands with a base the is front to back longer yet incorporates the stock 2017 holes as to fit a larger carbon GT/voltex style wing that sits very low to the trunk.

maybe even a base/riser that fits like the SARD LSR wing base that clamps from the sides of the trunk and at the same time comes further in the make use of the 2017 wholes as well. That way you would have a large surface area on the top side of the trunk and include two different securing methods to make sure everything stays on firmly.

The wing would sit like this password jdm one... maybe a little higher.

http://passwordjdm.com/images/products/9476_2.jpg

obviously the password jdm one was made to cover the holes in the older style trunks which is why its extra low and covering the whole back area. But you get the idea.
TachyonBomb is offline   Reply With Quote