Apologies in advance for any unfinished thoughts. I'll clean everything up as things move along.
Weight
Last time I had the car weighed, it came in at
2680lbs.
Weight of FA20 and transmission:
480lbs
Weight of LS3 and Tremec Magnum XL transmission: ~
578lbs
Total theoretical weight up:
100lbs
Total theoretical weight of car: 2780lbs
F/R theoretical weight distribution: 52/48. WAY better than stock (56/44) due to the weight of the trans and how far back the LS will sit.
Here's the vorshlag thread on the entire swap going into detail on this.
http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showt...?t=8275&page=2
Engine
In order to not surpass the limit of the NASA TT2 of 8.0 weight to horsepower, I will be capping my competition tune power at 380whp (250 + 2780 / 8).
But on the street tune, I'll let it rip to whatever it wants to make.
Considering the stock C6 GS would dyno around 381/375,
I am going to guess that with the 2.5" catless exhaust system, the power output will be similar to this one below:
To keep the engine cool, I'll be using an oil cooler and better radiator.
Plaguing the LS3 are also oil starvation issues.
To get around this, I'll be running an an Aviaid 3 stage dry sump system and mounting the 3 gallon dry sump tank in the trunk.
Another advantage of doing this: I can retain my whiteline front swaybar due to the added clearance.
I'll also be using an accusump to to prime the engine with oil in order to reduce internal wear before the pump can build pressure.
Something like:
Drivetrain
For the trans, I'll be using a close ratio Tremec T56 Magnum XL. I already have 600hp DSS axles. I'm going to run the stock diff until it explodes and then change to an OSGikken unit.
Currently, I'm running 255/40/17 Maxxis RC1s.
In order to put the power down on the track I'm going to try and fit the widest tire I can on an 18x9.5 without cutting my fenders.
Currently looking at Toyo Proxes RRs in 275/40/18.
Practicality
I need the car to fully integrate with my existing Subaru FI system. I do plan on keeping it road legal (no inspections in ohio).
It just so happens that part of what I do at work involves working with CAN networking.
I'm hoping in the end, i'll have working everything on the meter, and of course, no lights on.
I will retain the OBD functionality of the GM FI, and run my nexus bluetooth gauges in order to monitor vehicle data
The car in the end will be very similar to the LS3 S13 that the MotorTrend boys built, only the chassis won't feel like a wet noodle.
The weight of their 240ss comes in at
2808lbs, running a 0-60 time of
4.1s, and the 1/4 mile in
12.3s at 120.7mph.
I watch their video to hype myself up when things get slow:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4kIk8mXSk&t=513s"]1993 Nissan 240SX Part 4: The 240SS Is Born! (With the Help of an LS3) - Ignition Ep. 120 - YouTube[/ame]