|
I've had several inquiries about the Borla sound/volume compared to OE. Below is one of my responses.
Assuming the rest of your exhaust is stock, the best way I can describe the Borla is that it allows you to hear the exhaust when accelerating without the nauseating side-effect of drone. At idle and when cruising, it is not much louder than stock, but it does let you hear the exhaust pulses. At WOT, you can hear the exhaust and enjoy it.
I wanted a louder, more distinctive exhaust note for DD and track days, so I now have a Tomei Type-60S. It is LOUD but refined, and I enjoy it immensely for my short commute. If I still had my 3 hour/day commute, I would happily keep the Borla.
Here is a nice comparison to the OE axleback:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uWftW_wMsg"]Borla 11839 FRS BRZ GT86 Rear Section Exhaust (Axle Back) - YouTube[/ame]
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Chris
|