Quote:
Originally Posted by DeshuL
Yes typo on the front toe, it's 1/10th toe out.
I'm going to try doing 8k springs in the rear also, and get the car realigned and corner balanced as well. I have another event in two weeks so I'll see how that improves.
Thank you all for the input.
|
Thinking back on the 19mm bar idea, if you don't have one already that you'd be putting on you could always go back to stock and if it feels too soft you know that a ~19-ish bar is closer to what you want. It would suck to spend ~$200 on a 19mm bar and you realize it's still too stiff for what you want, it'd be hard to test 'is it stiff enough' but at least you have one end of the spectrum tested for minimal investment.
Don't do too many changes at once, springs and alignment might be too many if you plan on changing alignment from what you had before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ignition
Anyone know the legality of a front strut lift spacer for STX?
Looking at 14.5.B it seems like it may fall under "changes in suspension geometry" although that may pertain just to ball joint mounting points. Right after that it says it allows strut length changes to accommodate ride height and suspension travel (which is what I'm trying to achieve)
|
I'd say so, 14.8.A allows for adding spacers to modify ride height which is pretty much what you'd be doing by adding a spacer between camber plate and chassis.
What they don't want you doing is adding a spacer that creates an offset, for instance one that adds caster by having the damper mount further 'back' on the chassis. There's also allowances in 14.8.C acknowledging that camber plates will have different heights, it's inevitable without some annoying way to police damper mounting position for each and every chassis.