View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
ZX88

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Beginings

It only took me a couple of weeks to find a replacement.

2017 Toyota 86 in Halo - 6psd

Paid close to MSRP for the base model and ended up getting some extra goodies.

-LED Foglights
-Optional Wing
-Borla Exhaust
-Trunk Mat

First impressions

Car felt great not any faster just more refined. All the stuff reviewers are saying about the improved ride quality and gearing is true.

Overall its really nice to drive in stock form. I even think the Shifter linkage is more smooth, a noticeable difference from my '13 even when it only had 29k on the odometer.

Slight Differences from the 1st gen model:

Originally I planned on re-using my modellista skirts. However, the rear bumper on the new cars is slightly different. Its actually a bit shorter and curves in more at the body line. So for those that are looking to adapt 1st gen rear spats. Well, bad news they wont fit.

A week after I bought the car I sold my old TRD kit to friend and immediately ordered the new kit from 86worx.

It was a bit more expensive than the dealership mostly due to shipping but I didnt want to wait 10+ weeks for the kit to arrive from the dealer. 86Worx was able to get the kit to me in about 3 weeks. So if you guys are interested in some cool overseas parts they are pretty good (also ordered my old seat covers from them).

Installing the kit is pretty straight forward. The side skirts install the same as the 1st gen versions using many of the same clips. The front bumper was also pretty straight forward but requires you to drill some mounting holds in the bottom of the bumper.

Side Skirts

Bottom Mounting Brackets

Clips

Mounted

Front Bumper

Basically you need to drill 4 small holes into the bottom of the front bumper and slip some screw fasteners into the holes. The kit comes with some pretty idiot proof templates. So 4 bottom screws and then 4 on each side at the fender well.

Its a snug fit but goes on pretty easy

OEM fitment is alway king

Modellista Rear Spats

These install also pretty much the same as the 1st gen. You are required to drill 2 mounting holes on each side of the rear bumper (another rear bumper different you might not expect).

The kit comes with templates so just use those, mock them up and drill the holes.

The finished result

NEXT UP coilovers and Wheels.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZX88 For This Useful Post:
ERA (12-24-2017), SuperTom (01-01-2020)