Thread: weird situation
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #1
zizon93

Drives: GBS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
weird situation

I got myself a BRZ about 2 months ago and the dealership at the time showed me a carfax report that was up-to-date and it stated that it was one-owner/accident-free. Not long after, I've got into an accident where it was 100% other party's fault. While I was dealing with its claim issues and whatnot, the insurance company is now telling me that my BRZ has been involved in an accident on last November. I have no idea how this has happened. And below is the quote I received from its diminished representative.

"There are not any state mandated calculations for diminished value claims in Georgia that I am aware of. Unfortunately, I can not agree with your assessment for the diminished value of your vehicle. We review the Vehicle’s make, model, year, mileage, and damages as well as it’s vehicle history report. Your vehicle is showing a prior loss from 11-23-16 handled by Allstate causing any diminished value from this second loss to be reduced."

My question is a part where he says 'prior loss', does it means its total loss or was he just referring to a prior accident before this? I emailed him about this and should have its answer ready by tomorrow. At this point, I'm really lost and don't know what to do. Can anyone help me with this? Should I get myself a lawyer? I'm just so done with this already ...
zizon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zizon93 For This Useful Post:
mrhandle (08-02-2017)