Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,485 Times in 6,179 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
The Tables are under Timing compensation in romraider called Idle Target error range A and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
You've changed those? Any idea what that does? I thought you meant the actual large idle stability tables....
Using Kodename's defs in romraider, I have larger tables. Just looked at them today, and this definitely looks like it controls the damping function I was talking about. How it does it is related to either timing or airflow targets. Steve99, why are you thinking its timing? Numeric values seem like it could be, but do you have any other information on it?

Disclaimer: I have not messed with this yet as I do not have any idle problems. The following suggestion is based on theory, but I cannot vouch for safety or functionality of the resulting tune. I haven't been doing this as long as some of the other folks on here.

My guess is the OP is going to want to very gently increase the entries around the center top of the table. This should begin correcting the drop in RPMs more aggressively at a higher rpm.

While I am here...
Why are there so many 'idle speed target [letter]' tables? I have 9 of them and they are all different.
Attached Images

Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote