View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #313
JD001
Senior Member
 
JD001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: Subaru BRZ
Location: UK
Posts: 6,314
Thanks: 8,013
Thanked 6,577 Times in 3,679 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Is it your opinion, then, that there will not be second generation of the 86/BRZ? If they make any changes to the car worth calling it a "second generation" they will have to do all of the certifications again anyway. As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, I don't see Toyota and Subaru agreeing on a path forward any time soon, if at all. The market might just not be big enough for them to overcome their respective differences/egos.

IF they do agree to develop gen-2, it would likely be a merge of two technologies that aren't mutually shared between the brands. While the most obvious trade is power plant tech (turbo and electric hybrid), there are undoubtedly more capabilities one has that the other does not.

That being said, don't let me put a damper on the speculative fun! Twin Turboshaft Electric Hybrid anyone?


Toyota is jumping in bed with BMW so I think the Toybaru marriage is coming to an end... Will Subaru sail the BRZeee ship alone?? I don't think so therefore the end is near for our beloved car.
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote