View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #2744
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,071
Thanks: 140
Thanked 519 Times in 345 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
It sounds like something else is fucked up, I can't fathom your issues being bushing related and not an error in the work or some busted parts. I'd put money on you replacing the transmission/diff mounts and the problem persisting.

Edit: unless you know the bushing is busted and needs to be replaced, I could see that, but if the OE bushing is still good I don't understand how changing that will change the transmission shifting issue.
On at least one occasion, I started slamming the shifter into random spots and did find second, but it was way to the right of where it should've been. So something is moving around. I agree, the mount probably did not go bad overnight, they screwed something up (maybe rear shifter bushing? I didn't look there so I'll check tonight). But stiffening the mount should prevent movement regardless of what they screwed up.
renfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote