Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt
I did the diff bushing inserts and the STI engine/trans mounts at different times.
I had no real NVH from the motor/trans mounts, just a more connected feel with a TINY bit of vibration at idle. Just enough to know the engine was there and running. If I was to do it again for an STX prepped car I'd do the Perrin engine mounts and deal with the slight vibration when first engaging the clutch. The Perrin mounts felt so much more responsive with less slack on throttle transitions on the car I installed them on.
The diff mount inserts... Man, they made a VERY audible whining on decel. I couldn't take it and immediately started playing with things to improve the noise. I ended up taking out the outrigger bushing inserts (the two front ears on the diff) and left the rears installed. Most of the benefits with none of the noise.
|
Interesting. Well I found a video of a drifter who installed the solid trans mount, the whine was pretty audible but I don't know what other bushings he has. Seems like I'm asking for a lot if I go all out with the bushings but I increasingly don't care how streetable the car is. SP is probably in my near future lol.
Rolling into work this morning I couldn't grab second while doing a heel toe in a straight fucking line. I'm beyond furious with my (ex) dealer but really scared of how miserable they could make my life at this point (which is already pretty miserable, long story). I don't have time to mess around with it so I'm just going to their the stiffest parts I can at it, damn the NVH.