Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen
If you can, do 3 runs before and 3 runs after the install. That should elimate some of the errors. I tossed my car on the dyno for fun a few years ago and 3 out of the 4 pulls had different results. The spread was about 3-5whp.
|
I don't think that this difference is because of a dyno error. Keep in mind that if you do multiple runs on a dyno, then the actual air flow from the external fun is about 10 mph (and not 80 mph that you might have on road). This means that the radiator, oil cooler, and just about everything under the hood gets pretty hot. This heat reduces power in a number of ways. Not only is the air less dense, but like most modern cars the ECU pulls out timing. The coolant temp starts to rise, and sometimes that kicks on the cooling fan which sucks almost 3-5hp right there.
Overall, the bigger throttle body change is very popular in Japan. I t was mentioned quite a few times in the popular XaCar 86&BRZ magazine.
Check some pictures below:
What users are saying is that the throttle response is much better and there is also an improvement in torque and power. Personally, I'll only make a but dyno like a pull from 2k RPM in 6th gear and a few other tests. Another user mentioned that will make an actual dyno (before & after).