Old 04-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #29
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
I thought it was common knowledge about many "asian" cars now being built in the U.S.?
And many, many more countries. In fact in some cases like Honda they build almost nothing in Japan or even Asia now.

All those Civic coupes that have been raced and riced (while screaming "JDM YO") since 1986 were built in Canada. The sedans are built in the US but even their engines came from Canada.

All those that are indeed still built in Japan use design teams from around the world. The MX5 ND which is still made in Japan shows the lead designer as having the highly Asian name of Derek Jenkins.

I have been in the Tier One auto parts manufacturing business for almost 30 years and laugh my ass off every time somebody tells me how much better Japanese cars are than all the rest. I have news for you guys. Many of the parts in a Chevy are made in the same place as the parts in a Toyota, usually at the same time. The manufacturing processes used by the Japanese to gain a lead in the 80s have been copied by everybody else and you would not know if you were in a Ford plant or a Subaru one if I dropped you in the middle of it.
Do people truly believe that the NA manufactures just sat on their hands and did nothing when the Japanese plants started to blow them away?

I get that the people on this forum think that Japanese cars are the greatest things ever (or they wouldn't be here) but you head over to a Ford or Chrysler forum and they will be talking about how all Asian company cars are junk.
Dadhawk (04-24-2017), DAEMANO (04-24-2017), Impureclient (04-24-2017)