View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
Atropine

Drives: 2021 Toyota Supra 2020 4Runner
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Army Vet here:

If you are mid-PCS there is generally a forgiveness...(I know if its from overseas, there is for sure a leniency)

9 Months would be a little too long IMHO (I want to say there is a limit, but I am unsure the actual length...some people registered their cars to an on base pass while in AIT or training).

If you were to register in IL, check how much that will be. You shouldn't have to pay a sales tax since you already have paid that before (WA makes you pay initial sales tax if you haven't paid it already on initial registration for example).

You may just have to pay $200 or w/e it is. I think it would be worth a phone call or two to see if you can get a hook up from TX (play the military card).

It seems odd to get a COPY of your registration, that they require you to be in person. I think you should call back and try to get a different person to help you.

But long story short...you can't just go almost a year without having tabs on your car...it would be hard to get onto base without getting it registered (impossible probably).
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
carsebuco (04-15-2017), humfrz (04-15-2017), Summerwolf (04-15-2017), Ultramaroon (04-15-2017)