View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
byun
Senior Member
 
byun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Location: Bay Area - The Game
Posts: 564
Thanks: 183
Thanked 199 Times in 123 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Anyone on the newer KW V3's?

So far I've run ST's, HKS SP's, KW V3, Tein Monosports and now I'm on the tarmac 2's.

I like the valving and square spring rates the best on the tarmac2's. the Japanese coilovers tend to be valved for smoother roads so they can get a bit bouncy or boaty if you soften up the adjusters.

ST's were super comfortable for daily but way too soft for track use.

HKS Hipermax Sp's were great on track and had the square spring rates, but with the valving and spring rates they were a bit firm for daily.

V3's can handle both but were a bit too soft for my liking on track.

Tein monosports were great, but daily they got a little bouncy.

Tarmac 2's so far are what I like best and what I'll be sticking with. Soft enough for daily and you can adjust them enough to get it right on track and it's super balanced.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by byun; 03-14-2017 at 03:06 PM.
byun is offline   Reply With Quote