03-14-2017, 10:57 AM
|
#21
|
|
FRS 10 series #0239
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: #0239 FRS 10 series silver ignition
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 70
Thanks: 34
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11
I'll just add one comment, having spent 15k+ in aftermarket parts for this car:
If I had to do it all again, I would not cut any corners. I would not purchase lower end parts in an effort to save money or try to avoid spending the money. In every instance where I went this route, I eventually turned around and spent MORE cash to get things right. You have to pay to play. If you're like most people you'll find that you just end up wanting more in the end -- more power, more comfort, more volume, more performance. Being totally satisfied is challenging, and you'll always have the question of 'What if I could have had more power from a proper setup?' stuck in the back of your head if you don't do the research and learn from others who have gone down that route.
|
yea, thats what its starting to sound like. I just sounded like a quick fix to get me to stage 2 with the OFT. it just seemed so reasonable to spend $50 on some stock headers and $50 on a front pipe and run it. but ill probably stick with name brand. thanks
__________________
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
|
|
|