View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolF_RS View Post
So, yesterday when I was driving from the morning to afternoon there was no noise whatsoever. Everything was fine, and this morning I wake up to a weird noise I haven't heard before. It's pretty loud in my opinion, and it's a little louder outside, should I be worried?

]
It's most likely a dry clutch fork.

Nothing life threatening to worry about.

Sometimes, the point where the clutch slave cylinder's arm contacts the clutch fork gets dry and makes a squeak.

Some say @Ultramaroon , that you can sneak some grease past the dust cover on the slave cylinder onto the socket on the clutch fork which will eliminate the squeak.

A longer term solution would be to open up the bell housing and grease up the clutch fork.


humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote