Old 01-28-2017, 02:53 AM   #151
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,024 Times in 1,864 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86geek View Post
Did you hardwire your Thinkware F50? My car sits in the sun at work with the windshield sun protector up on the dash. So I'm thinking if I hard wire it then I won't be able to use windshield sun protector. Also where did you tuck the wires? Did you use the lighter in the console to power to dash cam or the power outlet in glove compartment. I wanna buy the F50 in the next few days so doing research. Thanks in advance.
I did not hardwire it. However, I have a generic collapsible sunshade (you know, the two pieces that fold into one circle), and I can either place it in front or behind the camera and mount. Since it's not hardwired and I'm not using the parking mode, I choose to put it in front of the camera.

I mounted it on the dot matrix, so that the cam itself is right behind the rear view mirror. Makes it less noticeable. Routed the power cable straight up and into and along the headliner towards the passenger side. Then behind the A-pillar and into the glove box where I plugged it into the 12v outlet there. If it didn't say "continuous recording" when it turns on, no one would ever know it's there. haha.

I just ordered a Viofo A119 for my other car (Yaris hatchback). Once I receive it, I'll see which has better video quality (from review I've read, the A119 has better quality). But I'm sure the F50 is more reliable. I'll have to transfer and use the SanDisk V30 card into the A119 though as it can record in 1440p at 30 frames seconds, or 1080p at 60 f/s.

Also, check out your Home Depot's website. Oddly enough, they have the lowest priced F50 (I don't order electronics through Amazon). I believe it was $89 bucks.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
86geek (01-28-2017)