View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 12:32 AM   #7745
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Get rid of the stock intake and swap it for something that is still cold air but not a box in the engine bay.
I noticed a world of difference in IAT at the supercharger afterward. As far as the rotors go, you won't see any problems running 12.5psi on a 90F day even without a charge cooler doing spirited runs and street racing(with a conservative tune [although I wouldn't suggest tracking with this setup at these temps]).

There is always the option to go with alcohol injection just to be safe though. It cools the rotors and airflow down substantially, adds around another 1-1.5lb boost, and ups the octane level in combustion. I use it on ambient temps above 85F.
It's worth noting that you'll probably start to feel less performance at around 80F+.

Another thing you'll feel is humidity. A dry 70 degree day will give you a much nicer run than a humid one.
For safekeeping (this hasn't been proven by any means), I vent my charger crankcase pressure through the dipstick when it is at temp about once a year. The oil seal has been known to weep, so my best practice has been to run it at about ambient pressure when hot, and vacuum when cold. Haven't had any weeping since. This is all personal speculation, of course. You can do whatever the $*(& you want to do.

Last edited by riboyster; 01-27-2017 at 12:51 AM.
riboyster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riboyster For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (01-27-2017), Njjawn (01-27-2017)