finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
I have some slight damage to my oem front bumper cover. Im trying to buy a new one and was trying to look for some aftermarket bumper face covers. Any suggestions??
Try local body shops. They can take your old one as a core and get a remanufactured ones sometimes. Did that with my sti rear bumper after i backed into a flat trailer I didnt see and punched a hole in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
What is that "front face cover"? :/ You should use closer to actual part name terms as at least i had difficulties to visualize what exactly is meant, and only from described scatch/chip locations i got that you meant whole front bumper. If dents are big/unrepairable enough, maybe it may justify purchase of new front bumper. If just few scratches here and there, maybe simply old bumper may benefit from some repaint job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Right. Both me and all the aftermarket body piece makers & parts online shops that list those as front bumpers & under sections named such. And all those mistakening repair shops. And people in car related forums. All need to change terms used, as after all there are right & proper terms, not ones majority uses de facto & understand as. Too lazy to check, but have slight suspicion, which parts i'll find in toyota part system, when searching for "front bumper".
Try googling the part number then. Might surprise you what you learn when you take 3 min to google instead of typing out another smart, incorrect, response. Part number is below to make it easier for you

SU00301494

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote