View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
86'd
Senior Member
 
86'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2012 WRX Sedan
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 511
Thanks: 25
Thanked 97 Times in 55 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVoiD View Post
newer sti can send up to 70% of power to the rear. so yes you can throttle oversteer. and ofc even with 50-50 drive you can power oversteer by left foot breaking while holding down the throttle.
I could be wrong but I thought the newer 08+ were 41f/59r MAX. Even at their peek the DCCD only maxed out at 65% rear.

In the dry, throttle oversteer "like in a rear wheel drive car" like I stated is virtually non-existent.

Left foot braking, e-brake pulling and throttle lifting are inducing oversteer in basically the same way, by changing inertia at the limits of grip, NOT by power or by throttle input.

Yes, you can oversteer in certain ways and in certain conditions (snow/gravel), but in the dry you're not going to snap the rear out leaning on the throttle, it just isn't going to happen.
86'd is offline   Reply With Quote