|
LQ4 V8 Swap
Hey guys hopefully you can help me out
Ive been wanting to do an engine swap for a while now. I have the money put aside and im keeping this under $10,000. Theres obviously alot of questions raising in my head. First off, although Im still leasing the car I do want to buy the car off in the end. Is this going to be a problem? (This seems like a dumb question and the answer is probably YES) anyhow...
I got my hands on a LQ4 V8 6.0L engine which came from a 2004 Chevy Tahoe (decently cheap) $1500
The plan is to completely strip and rebuild the engine. LS3 camshaft and push rods, LS3 cylinder heads, LS3 intake etc) From my research I know the LQ4 iron block is super reliable and handles boost pretty good. The reason why I went with LQ4 is because its a cheaper platform and has similar potential... everyone seems to go with 2JZ or LS1, LS2 etc engines but I've decided to take my own route on this one.
My question is has anyone ever done this kind of swap before? Using an Iron block v8 platform, What precautions should I take and what power am I to expect? Any tranmission suggestions? Etc
__________________
2010 Subaru WRX - 2015 Scion FR-S
"Life's too short to drive boring cars"
Last edited by nmctacticz; 05-05-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Reason: Had to edit this post to update it
|