View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
Norcalkid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Drives: TC
Location: California
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Wait, 3 days for your work week? What do you do? Man I need a job like that.

Honestly with your commute I'd go BRZ. It will get the best gas mileage if you baby it, several people on here including me get 32 mpg dd'ing it.

Are you mechanically inclined? If you can do your own work then you might chance a cayman. Or maybe get a normal dd and something a little older and more fun like a 2nd or 3rd gen Supra or an MR2 or look for a deal on something interesting in your local want ads, craiglist or auto trader.

And you say you won't mod it, but if you go to meets and drive some of the modded cars you might change your mind, Just a few tweeks can really change the behavior of the car.


3/12's, nurse


Thanks everybody. Not sure I'm any closer to making a decision, maybe even more unsure now. I think I'll probably buy the best deal in the end.

I kinda feel like the high maintenance may be offset a bit when comparing with a newer car depreciating more(for a Corvette, maybe not a Porsche). I actually also considered keeping my DD and getting an older 996 just for fun. Their cheap enough(under 20k with IMS replaced). But for 20k I can almost get the Cayman that's much newer and probably a better choice for a DD.

I used to do all my own maintenance. Have rebuilt bikes from bottom up, rebuilt a T350 years ago in a truck, etc. Was really into 4X4s for years. Honestly, I don't want to deal with that anymore.

Last edited by Norcalkid; 12-09-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Norcalkid is offline   Reply With Quote