Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappymeal
Thanks for the synopsis. Did you feel these changes mostly on track or the streets? I had a 2016 and 2017 BRZ back to back on the streets and couldn't feel much difference between the two. Having said that, my track time is minuscule compared to yours (a few HPDEs per year).
|
Both.
The car, overall, has MORE grip, stock vs stock, because the dampers are far better tuned. It absorbs the imperfects in the road better, and doesn't try to artificially feel sporty by being "too stiff".
The ride of the 17 is light years better than that of a stock 13. I remember when I got in the 13 back in 2012, and thinking, this car rides really harsh. The 17 is nothing like that; it's enough to let you know what's going on and convey the sporty nature of the car, without making you miserable.
Both low and high speed compression damping profiles are vastly improved, and the high speed rebound damping is far better matched to the springs.