View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 03:05 AM   #67
Akuma147

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
There's a chance that the terminals on those 3 SWC wires in the Joying's 20-pin connector are the same type that Metra uses on the AX-SUB28SWC. If so, you can extract the SWC terminals from both harnesses, and transplant the Joying's wires directly into the Metra 28-pin shell.

You'll need an extraction tool.

I straighten a small paper clip, then flatten the last ~10 mm of the end with a hammer on an anvil. File the tip so that its cross section is just barely small enough to fit through the rectangular extraction hole (above each terminal). File off any burrs and sharp edges.

Or if you already have something that size, you can use it.

I don't recommend using a straight pin -- it's too easy to go off target and impale the plastic shell.

Insert your extraction tool about 6mm deep into the hole. If you get it right, you should be able to tug out the wire without much effort.

Typical male terminal used in Metra AX-SUB28SWC and other harnesses with similar sized pins:What you'll be doing with the extraction tool (shown with female terminal):
I appreciate this info. I already figured it out by myself and SWC works great. I ended up using a small pin needle and small flat head screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. Anyone attempting this, definitely be careful and make sure the object you're using is small enough to fit. I did stretch out the plastic shell a bit on the first extraction I attempted.
Akuma147 is offline   Reply With Quote