Old 10-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #13
Fenix

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S + 2011 Yamaha R6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
With the impending release of the Vorshlag Swap kit, I have strayed from my Twin Charged FA20 Plans and started putting together my list to put in a crate LS3 over winter. Simple plans of CNC Heads and a decent Cam at first, with a turbo down the road. Eventually looking at 600-700whp (eventual plans had I kept the FA20 as well)

Current List:

GMPP Crate LS3 (430Hp version)
LS3 430 Controller kit
Fluidamper Crank Pulley
Canton Racing Front Sump Kit (Baffled Front sump oil pan to help with oiling issues)
Trick Flow Top End kit (Trick Flow CNC ported aftermarket casting heads, Dual valve spring, Ti retainers, stainless valves, 230/238 Cam)
COMP Cams Trunnion Upgrade Kit
Vorshlag Stg.0 Swap kit (Brackets/mounts, Driveshaft, Long Tube Headers)
Vorshlag Custom T56 Magnum XL
Vorshlag Tilton Master cylinder/Slave cylinder setup
MRS Can Device
ACT Clutch kit w/ Lightweight Flywheel
Oil Cooler set-up
Assorted Fuel Fittings
Greddy Evo GT 3" Exhaust
Vibrant 18" Resonators

Planning on starting to order things Monday. I have flip flopped on what parts I am wanting to go with quite a bit. Changed between the LS3 and a LS7 four or five times now. So I am giving myself a bit more time to really think it over. Though I am almost positive I won't deviate from the current plan/parts list at this point.
The cast aluminum block is decent. Consider a cast iron block for a small weight penalty. A built LS engine can achieve the numbers you wrote NA.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote