Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc209
FWIW I am using the mishimoto banjo fittings but with a mocal oil to water laminova. They started to seep oil a little bit after I initially installed them.
I tightened them up but I added anti tamper paint so it would be obvious if they start coming lose. Its usually vibration that causes them to come lose, so need to make sure there is some play in the oil hose.
Just my 2 cents. I was very nervous using them and was checking under the bonnet every time I used the car for a while. Its now done 3 trackdays and about 5k road miles. If I get them come loose again they will go in the bin and I'll live with 10min track sessions until I can figure out a better solution.
|
Even 10 minutes is too much if you're redlining. I recommend you keep an eye on your oil temps!
Short shifting will work, if your primary goal is car control rather than chasing lap times...