View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #175
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogravitygirl View Post
I live in toronto + this will be the first winter driving my new brz... even though I swore by blizzaks on my little corrado for 24 years (it was a little german panzer tank and I passed everyone on the road)... i opted for hakapeliita R2 tires on the OEM rims for the brz... I'll upgrade to a nice summer wheel set-up...
You will not be disappointed. With any half decent winter tire these cars are a tank in the snow and with those it will be even better! Just watch for slush build up in the stock rims. It will freeze solid and you can get some really interesting bouncing and shaking going on. I personally prefer a solid steel wheel to avoid that but it isn't a big deal if you keep on top of it.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote