View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #17
prj3ctm4yh3m

Drives: CRV AWD 5MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dont own a ft86 yet, but ive had AP2 and RSX Type-S.

The RSX hydro was GREAT. RIP HPS.

The s2000 steering feedback was dead as a doornail, even with Poly rack bushing inserts. Truly the worst steering feedback this side of a MKVII Jetta.

Ultimately, it was one of the chief reasons i sold the S2k and why i will likely never purchase another.

Truly the (massive) fly in the ointment for that car...besides the quirky weight transfer issues that is..

the car lacks a flat-enough torque curve to deal with oversteer at speeds that 245mm+ tires tend to generate oversteer. in this sense it really is like a 600cc sportbike with 4 wheels...that costs more to replace after you wrap it around the armco.

other subjective knocks against the S2k - flexy chassis (really cant handle the 10kg+ springs ppl put on their IMO) and the odd noises that come along with it.

syncros get notchy (especially 2nd)

its a phenomenal car on paper, and im glad to see it's enjoying a resurgence in popularity, but ultimately, i believe it too flawed to really reach the heights of something like a 987 in terms of being a cult-level driver's car.

cant speak to AP2 v2 DBW - I had a cable throttle (RIP)

my advice: you will likely enjoy owning a Twin more overall - unless you live on a track with copious run-off, are named Tsuchiya, and/or enjoy playing russian roulette when you lift off the throttle.

Last edited by prj3ctm4yh3m; 09-30-2016 at 12:25 PM.
prj3ctm4yh3m is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prj3ctm4yh3m For This Useful Post:
deejaylew (09-30-2016)