|
BRZ spontaneously won't start
I've been having this issue for a few months now and have finally narrowed the "symptoms" down as much as I can. Basically about 50% of the time that I go to start the car it won't start. I have keyless entry and push button start, and when I push the clutch in (all the way) sometimes the "green key" indicator simply won't show up on the dash, and the car won't start when prompted. Sometimes the green key pops up immediately (solid) and the car starts just fine. I'm assuming there's some problem with the clutch and the electronic path which shows the clutch is being depressed to allow the car to start, but I can't purposefully demonstrate it as the car has a mind of its own in this way. Any ideas what's going on? The only way to "fix it" when it gets like this is just mess with the clutch for a good 5-10 minutes and then miraculously it'll show the solid green key and then start like usual. I've had the car for 2 years and this just started relatively recently.
Oddly at first I thought it was some problem with the battery and took it to Autozone and they found a problem so the dealer replaced the battery, but it didn't help the starting problem at all.
|