FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT - In Heaven Now
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by renfield90 View Post
Uhh, how about buying some talent? Not digging at you, and I don't know what your talent level is, but bolting on more grip only means that you'll be going faster the next time you lose control.

Go spend some time/money on track days and autocross.
I didn't take it as a dig, no worries. Nothing but truth. In reality, I've driven some pretty exotic cars in some great places, but that doesn't mean I'm incredibly talented by any means.

I have only had this car for a month, I've put no performance mods on it, nothing but a better head unit (and cup holders that were missing).

My goal was to save up money for safety gear and to take a couple high speed performance driving classes (need two before you can go out alone on track days I think) at PIR, then go for an occasional track day once I had any kind of talent.

So, I completely agree with you! I just have been having fun with all traction nannies off, but that morning I must have been just out of my mind. Completely juvenile, dangerous, and not "me."

From now on, traction control stays on at all times. And I will not act like a freakin' 19 year old.

You know the worst part?

I wrote my deductible check, yeah, it would have been enough for my performance driving classes. Ironic.

All we know is.... He's called The Stig
FNCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote