View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Fenrir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Location: Grayslake, IL
Posts: 367
Thanks: 37
Thanked 134 Times in 80 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
Hey everyone,

Im sure we would all love to know if this is possible. I havent seen anything about it.

Anyone out there know how to disable the caution screen that comes on every time the car is turned on? I HATE it!

If theres a way to fool the head unit into thinking its always on, the "caution" screen wont come up. You could wire it so it runs when the car is off, but it would drain the battery. BUT, if you manually shut the radio off, it wouldnt drain the battery. I am not sure if the "caution" screen comes back on if you were to power the radio off and back on while the car is running though, I will have to check next time I get in.

Thoughts?
About the only way you'll get around it is by flashing the unit somehow with custom firm/software. If you wired the unit to always receive power, it will do just that and drain your battery regardless if you "power off" the unit. As far as I can tell, there really isn't a complete off on the unit, only an audio off and screen off. The unit is still always running while the car is on.

However, if you leave the unit in audio mode (I.E. not nav/split screen), the caution screen does not display until the first time you launch nav each key cycle.
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote