Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain
i am guessing dump cables.
please keep us updated
|
Solved it with Rob's help. Not sure whether something is up with my system or just have incredibly bad luck but one of my
new batteries that replaced my old bad batteries ended up being a dead battery (or dying within a month).. So to sum it up, I've had 2 to 3 BAD Big Crank ETX16 batteries now on my dump setup... not a fan of these.
The process to diagnose the issue was actually very straightforward with a multimeter. Hope this helps someone in the future.
1) Watch the voltage at the dump batteries (positive and negative) with the multimeter and hit the WOT switch.
2) If the voltage drops low on the multimeter then the problem is in your batteries. if the voltage doesn't drop low on the multimeter but does on the voltbox then your dump cables or controller might be the issue.
For me, it was the battery and a quick voltage check revealed it was not holding a charge at all anymore.
I took a page from @
Sojhinn and decided to go with two PC680s as my dump batteries since I had an extra one from when I assumed it was one of root causes and swapped out my last good ETX16 for my starter battery. So far it has been good and voltages are staying above 20 but I'm monitoring it very closely after all the issues I've been having. The WOT pulls seems about the same or close to what I remember getting from using two ETX16s.
BTW setting up two PC680s was not very difficult but there is some work involved. I had to mill out a copper bar and drill two .040" holes since you need a longer bar to connect them and had to made some new wood barriers to protect the dump connections from the starter negative terminal.
I'm going to attempt to RMA my bad ETX16 since it was only used for 1 month and can't hold a voltage above 11.92V. If they accept it I'll likely swap it out for another PC680 MJ since I've had better luck with these.
All said and done I'm glad to have the ESC back. Going back to NA temporarily was kinda fun as it feels more linear/smooth but the power just cuts out way too early.