View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 05:17 AM   #5
batlwagn
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Drives: 2016 Outback 3.6R, 2016 BRZ(ordered
Location: Prestige Worldwide
Posts: 87
Thanks: 90
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbkk View Post
So I finally had my clutch changed a couple of weeks ago and wanted to give my impressions. First off, my car is turboed (300whp @12 psi) and has been for 3 years. I was on the stock clutch until this swap, so obviously I don't drive my car like I stole it.


The clutch change was performed by Emerald Coast Motorsports in FWB and they did a fantastic job! I also had a SS clutch line installed, along with Amsoil transmission fluid and Motul diff fluid.


I babied the car for about a week to get through the 500 mile break-in period. The clutch feels very close to stock in drivability, with the engagement point being much closer to the floor (about 1" from the floor). I DD 35 miles each way to/from work, about 50% stop and go traffic and 50% highway driving. The clutch doesn't have any issues in traffic, even stopped on hills. I will say the clutch is a little noisier below 2K rpms, but isn't too bad.


I have about 1K miles on it so far and am really happy with my clutch choice!
Thanks soo much for this quick review. I have the Comp stage 3 waiting to go in. I'm turbo ing the car now we'll see how long the stocker holds up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
ALL THE MODS!!
batlwagn is offline   Reply With Quote