View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #12
Xero-Limit
 
Xero-Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 938
Thanks: 368
Thanked 1,550 Times in 527 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philooo View Post
I need to pickup the bat phone and ask @GSpeed what they think of this

They have done some fuel pressure measurements and I think they are one of the few who collected data on the issue of fuel starvation.

I am definitely interested as I am suspecting fuel starvation at the track could lead to serious reliability problems in the long run.
@moto-mike, if you can give some more background on the consequences of fuel starvation I bet that will help your product
Only fix (short of fuel cell/recirc) for fuel starvation has been to run with a full tank, which is what all of us have done. Full tanks are heavy, and at 350+ whp you can suck 1/3 down in just one track session.

To hit 350+ whp you will need FI. Fuel starving with FI is a very, very bad thing on a hot engine. My old car was the 335 equipped BRZ and we starved badly on even moderate length left handers after 10-15 minutes from a full tank. Our current shop car (Phil's) runs over 450 whp at the track (570 in road mode....) and you can imagine that runs through fuel stupidly quick if there are straights.

Another reason this issue really stinks is when countersteering in a slide. Having power suddenly drop out will cause a flick back to the other direction and possibly put you in a wall.
Xero-Limit is offline