View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
RichardJ

Drives: 15' FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best mod under $500?

Hello fellow Gt86 drivers!
After coming to a realization that installing a turbo kit for the car is going to cost me well over 5k CAD, I decided to keep saving the money and go for cheaper mods to the car.

Right now it has a catback exhaust and valenti tailights. I'm not looking for cosmetic mods like front splitters and etc. I think the car looks amazing as it is.

Reason for the $500 budget is that I dont want to be spending 2k+ for wheels, tires and coilovers. Just getting one of those is pointless but that is a plan for the future.

I am hoping for a noticeable change that comes with the modification, although I know that is asking a lot with just $500. But because I am satisfied with the way it looks right now, I am shooting for a minor performance upgrade.

I was thinking lightweight crank pulleys. From what I've researched, lighter unsprung mass in the drivetrain is always good. Subtle yes, but good nonetheless. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Any ideas or modifications you guys are running that is noticieable the way how the vehicle handles/accelerations/revs/anything really?

I proudly own a '15 FRS with AT Transmission. I would appreciate any comments
RichardJ is offline   Reply With Quote