View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #28
etc

Drives: '13 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by propulsion1 View Post
I wonder if there is a GM rear brembo that would also fit our platform with some modifications. Any one has any clues?
I looked around a bit for this, the ATS uses sliding caliper so that doesn't help. There are the camaro ss / ctsv brembos but they are much larger, around 14" diameter. The other option are corvette brakes but they are also closely matched front/rear and larger. Also all these are four piston rear if you want to try and keep stockish bias you will need to keep the rears two piston and around the stock diameter (I think it is 36mm, don't recall offhand).

Alternately you could consider the larger rear pistons a boon. From what I gather if you want to get into trying to adjust brake bias and find the actual ideal bias (not just try to match stock) you would overspec the rear brakes until they are able to lock first then install proportioning valve(s) in the rear lines and start backing off hydraulic pressure until you have the bias you want. I am not certain how well this process works with ebd, not well I would imagine.

The other problem is if you want to stick with economical oem rotors, ours are the largest that subaru makes so you need to find a donor car with a similar diameter rear rotor.

Also the parking brake makes the rears trickier too as it would have to happen to be the same size as ours, or you could just drop it all together.

Short version is that rears are actually tricker than fronts and heat-wise the stock rears aren't too bad. I haven't seen over 450f on mine, where my fronts would regularly be over 750f coming off track.

Last edited by etc; 04-21-2016 at 12:31 PM.
etc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etc For This Useful Post:
Keenercarguy (06-05-2016), propulsion1 (05-03-2016)