View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #69
LostSalad

Drives: Toyota 86 - Charcoal Grey
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm there as well! This is my first time doing the circuit counter-clockwise... so the first thing I need to get to bed is my lack of confidence. I'm definitely going to be doing some mental prep...

Sigh, because of reasons, I'm feeling less blazé about getting out on track. Of course there are risks when tracking your car. Let's just say they've lately had a chance to be a bit more vocal in my head. So I'm still totally down for getting out on track, but I want to make double-triple sure that I'm managing the risks effectively :/

My car recently went in for a 30,000km service. Does anyone know if changing brake fluid is part of the service schedule? They did the clutch line (which is separate), but I have no idea if I actually still have RBF in the system.

I also should still have plenty pad life left (I think I've only done 1 or 2 track days on my current set). But can someone please bring along an Allen Key set and show me the trick of measuring thickness without opening the caliper

I just had a realisation that I'm responsible for my own safety, and while I've been trying my best to do due diligence... I'm still a rookie and wouldn't mind a second pair of eyes. Is there anywhere that offers HPDE inspection? Checking for stuff that's taking stress and might fail?
LostSalad is offline   Reply With Quote