View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #51
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrn View Post
So I just did this mod.It's a heavier feel which I like but I still feel like it's missing something in the way of feed back.an improvement but I was hoping for more I guess. Still good for a free mod
Its not free, but fairly easy according to @Ultramaroon (and he'll love that I brought him back in on this thread)--you need to swap out the slave cylinder that serves the clutch. I haven't done this myself, but according to him and a handful of others who have done it, it improves clutch feel even more. I am sure if you searched this thread or the forum in general, it would be an easy find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazikowski View Post
Just did this mod along with adjusting the pedal height last night and so far I'm loving it. The only problem I have is the top end of the pedal travel is kind of "spongy" but I'm sure I can adjust that out by tinkering with the pedal a bit more.

Oh, and the OP says be careful not to lose the E-clip... well, being the rebel that I am, I lost the E-clip. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement? Now that the spring is out the clevis the pin holds on doesn't do anything, right? I assume if the pin were to fall out I wouldn't suffer any sort of catastrophic clutch failure leading to a fiery death.
First, the "spongy" zone or "slop" isn't something you will get rid of easily. It actually serves a purpose, to ensure that the clutch is fully engaged. I got used to that area, so it shouldn't be long before you forget its there as well. Some of this can be alleviated by adjusting the position of the clutch pedal (the thread is also easy to find).

Secondly, no, no catastophic failure, but it wont be as secure should you decide to re-install the spring.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote