View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 01:22 AM   #2
FRSBRZGT86FAN
Senior Member
 
FRSBRZGT86FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,234
Thanks: 3,087
Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
Hi all,

My car needs to get serviced in about two weeks. I'm currently running the OFT stage 1 tune, and I was wondering if I need to or should revert back to the stock tune before I send my car in for servicing? I get it serviced at an official toyota servicing centre, FYI, and it will be my car's 2nd service.

I'd like to avoid returning back to stock tune as it would take a while for the car to relearn the tune after servicing.

Thanks

No don't worry about it, unless they are planning on flashing something to the ecu like a reflash of some sort (which they will tell you beforehand) it's a non issue, if it's for warranty work in the future you can still run the tune as long as it's not something that involves the ECU directly otherwise flash to stock. The OFT roms are almost totally undetectable, to techstream for them it'll read as stock because the ecu isn't locked like ecutek roms.
__________________
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*

Last edited by FRSBRZGT86FAN; 04-16-2016 at 06:01 AM.
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote