View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:23 PM   #82
npavlo

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi.
Nick here from Pavlotech. I replied in the Vorshlag swap thread because there were some questions about the Emtorn series ECUs. Figured I'd add my two cents here too.

Ross is a dealer and has perfected the installation of this drivetrain using the Emtron ECU system into the GT86. Currently, we are working out some of the CAN integration functions the ECU supports, but it is important to keep in mind that more often than not, ALL CAN functions are NOT always supported. With a motorsport oriented ECU system like the Emtron, the focus for traction control for example is the internal motorsport closed loop function the ECU has. This type of traction makes cars faster, instead of slower during regulation.

That doesn't mean a deeper level of integration is not possible or going to happen, just keep in mind the reasoning behind making each function work. Basic gauges, power steering, some ABS functions are important. Remember, most of you are switching the ENGINE out for a completely different unit/brand. It is a tall order to just expect everything to work as if you bought the car with a different motor in general. Food for thought
npavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to npavlo For This Useful Post:
cf6mech (06-16-2016), RiceBuster (04-13-2016), Ross (04-14-2016), Sportsguy83 (07-29-2016)