View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #110
lazyluka
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: GT86
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 347
Thanks: 576
Thanked 379 Times in 103 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
@VeloxEric

The more I think about it, the more I like your design because I feel it still maintains the hood's crumple zones. Unlike another vent design that I have seen, I don't feel like there may be a giant metal rod heading for my face in case of a frontal impact.

To maintain your goals of not touching the hoods structure as mentioned in one of your posts...

How about designing a smaller vent, about half length of the current one, and make it more rectangular.

Yes functionality would be probably be reduced, but I would be interested as it could make the design look a bit cooler.

See badly photoshoped images below.
Attached Images
   
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote